Why Bike the Big Apple?
For well over a decade, we have been proud to be the largest, most successful company to offer fully-escorted bicycle tours throughout the five boroughs of the “Big Apple.” We take you beyond the usual tourist spots that bus and walking tours usually miss. And travelling by bike, you will come to appreciate, is the perfect way to truly experience the diverse neighborhoods of the city. On a bike tour, you will feel as though you are really part of the neighborhood. Walking tours & bus tours are certainly a nice way to see the city but bikes offer the best of both worlds (and more!). When compared to a day as pedestrian in New York, our leisurely paced rides are effortless and cover much more ground. And, you are able to interact with your surroundings much more than when on a bus. We feel certain you will leave with stories and photos that even the “natives” do not know about.
Who we are:
- Bike tour specialists. We are not a bike rental shop that also does bike tours or a walking/bus tour company that also does bike tours. Bike tours are all that we do. It is our focus, so we do it right.
- A completely professional and insured operation. If you encounter a bike tour company that does not require helmets, it is likely they are not insured against accidents (we know of no insurer in the country who allows unhelmeted riders on a tour they are covering). In over a decade, we have never had an incident that required it, but if something like this ever happened, you will be glad we are insured. Also, all of our guides are licensed New York City tour guides. This means that the city has screened and tested them to be professionals of the highest quality. In other words, they are not novices reciting a script. Rather, they are knowledgeable experts who truly know what they are talking about, and know how to impart it! Unfortunately, not all New York City touring organizations use licensed tour guides (you get what you pay for!) but you can be sure you’re getting the highest quality guides when you ride with Bike the Big Apple!
- A small, family-owned company. Although we have found success, we are still, quite literally, a “mom and pop” operation. It is through this mindset that we are able to deliver a personalized experience; your well-being and enjoyment is our highest priority!
- Experienced. We are not “Learning the ropes.” We know what we’re doing. After well over a decade (in our seventeenth year!), we have figured out quite a lot in terms of what makes an excellent bike tour. At the same time, we are always improving, making additions, and keeping it fresh!
- Pretty cool people - Go ahead and Meet the Guides!